LZH Watches Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1+2 || 4/2- 4/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LZH Watches Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1+2 || 4/2- 4/9

The second anime up for LZH Watches is Hellsing Ultimate. A spin-off of the original series of Hellsing, this adaptation more closely follows the manga, and is generally considered to be even better than the original. We are going to watch only 2 episodes a week because the episodes are much longer than usual. As usual please discuss only the first 2 episodes of the show and do not spoil anything from later in the series

HELLSING ULTIMATE Hellsing, a secret organization of the British government, have long been battling supernatural threats to keep the people safe from creatures of the night. The current leader, Integra Wingates Hellsing controls her own personal army to eliminate the undead beings, but even her highly trained soldiers pale in comparison to her most trusted vampire exterminator, a man by the name of Alucard, who is actually a powerful vampire himself. Along with Integra's mysterious butler and Alucard's new vampire minion, Seras Victoria, The Hellsing Organization must face not only regular ghouls and vampires, but a rivaling secret organization from the Vatican, and Millennium, an enigmatic group of madmen spawned by a certain war over 50 years ago...

A bloody battle between monsters is about to begin, The dead are dancing, and all hell is singing...

W00T!
    sigpic

Comment

I swear Beef skipped half of no game no life whilst he was doing his marathon, but onto Hellsing it is.

Comment

half? i didnt wtach a single episode Kappa

Comment

So you're admitting you're not watching with LZH?

Comment

I'm still discussing based from memory am I not?

Comment

anyone watch first two episodes yet?

Comment

So the first two episodes open up and throw you into the anime pretty quickly. And that's one of the things i love about this anime. Unlike the original, the focus is more on Alucard rather than Victoria, and Victoria is not nearly as much of a sissy in this one. Personally I like father Alexander as well. not just for his strength, but for his crazed devotion to god which drives him to be batshit insane, just like Alucard. Episode 2 plays out pretty similar to how it does in the orginal anime with the Valentines raiding Hellsing and killing everyone. Gotta love how crude Jan is though, "I'll rape her, kill her, then rape her again" like just god damn lol

Comment

Champ I found it interesting that Alexander Anderson is kinda like deadpool on how he can regenerate himself.

Comment

The first two are kind of rushed imo, especially after you watch the Hellsing anime that isnt Hellsing Ultimate that basically takes a few episodes to go over the couple and the valentine brothers, but ye aby far the best part is Jan and his morbid sense of humor "Maybe Skull fuck your corpse a bit go home and masturbate OK!"
                    sigpic

Comment

Marathoning the first 5 eps of this so I'm going to post up my thoughts and opinions on ep 1 and 2 here, and then move to the other thread for 3,4,5.

I'm actually doing something I normally wouldn't in that I'm watching the english dub of the show instead of the subbed version, but I'm gold farming in wow at the same time so it lets me multi task.

We start with Integra's introduction to Alucard as her uncle betrays her, always liked this scene and it's one that's made it through all three versions of Hellsing (the manga, original anime series and Ultimate) and with good reason it sets the premise of the show strongly. They cut this in and out with the introduction of the police girl which I believe is how they did it in the other two as well, which works well for the pacing of the introduction as she is meant to be our "anchor" character, the one experiencing this weirdness along side us as she slowly comes to accept her new unlife.

Her introduction for Integra made me smile with the light comedy of it, a little too to stereotype for English people but of course I'm going to think that, and her first mission showing Alucard's annoyance and boredom due to how weak the vampire was, and his obvious enjoyment of seeing Seras actually start to learn to use her abilities, well I say enjoyment I'm not sure if it's more fatherly feelings or him just being amused at the situation.

Anderson's introduction was an odd one considering we normally see him in full psycho mode rather than friendly priest, but at least it makes him more fleshed out than a constant psychotic killer of heathens. His opinions on catholic superiority to hellsing aren't surprising as he is an atypical zealot.

Seeing some of Seras more vampire like traits coming out in Northern Ireland was interesting especially when you compare it to how whiny she could be in the previous anime, she definitely deserved being treated like more of a bad ass. Though Anderson makes one hell of an entrance, holy knife through the throat is hard to beat. Combined with Integra's immediate "oh fuck" response when she hears that Anderson was sent there by the Vatican which shows how much of a threat she believes him to be.

This stands as a great example of Anderson's regenerating ability and combat prowess setting him up well as a rival, and I forgot how many false ends this initial skirmish had, with Anderson and Alucard both "dying" multiple times. It also amuses me how much Alucard wants Seras to drink his blood, considering him though that could just be his fetish... It's a shame that Integra had to jump in here but it sets a point that will be brought up later in the anime as a quite important plot point and it shows how little crap that she's willing to take when it comes to someone either harming her subordinates or threating her country/church.

Alcard's musing about it being time for a vampire who doesn't walk the night alone makes you wonder how much humanity has rubbed on him or if that is the reason in it's self that hellsing managed to "contain him". The little teaser with the German voices at the end it also a great way of making a cliff hanger.

Gonna cut this off here and continue in a second post as I don't want to risk losing all of this I just typed out whilst watching ep 2.

Comment

Onwards to Episode two!

Opening with a prayer and the image of Alucard being steaked through the chest, I would say this is an odd way for something to start however this Hellsing so it's most likely back story. This is kind of spoiling something that we didn't find out till much later in the original anime and mange but at this point I think it's common knowledge that Alucard was a count in a previous life, if memory serves though that was a flashback to how Alucard came to be with Hellsing in the first place, even if he dismissed it as a dream.

The roundtable meeting reinforces the fact that all this is pretty common information amongst the elite, along with the plot point that the vampires being made aren't naturally but by technology which is something far scarier in their eyes. Before we move onto something quite a bit lighter hearted, with Walter introducing the police girl to her coffin and her getting more and more irritated. Along with some fan girling over new guns and her shock and dismay at the canon she's been given.

An introduction to two brothers who won't have a very pleasant end, with rather iconic tower shields on their foot soldiers, we all know what happens to anyone who attacks hellsing right? A whole army of ghouls may cut through the rank and file hellsing peons but we know how badass Seras, Alucard and yes Walter can be when it comes to the counter attack. This siege does a good job of building up to Hellsing looking vulnerable till the aforementioned three step in. Angry Integra is kinda hot though...

This episode also gave a good view into Integras view on Seras in the least considering how she wanted to pull her back from being a berserker, though to be fair that could also be seen as her not enjoying seeing her men killed for a second time.
                        Last edited by LionOrphenoc; 04-15-2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X